Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Crocheted strawberry


Great as a summer treat! I have used bulky wool yarn and a 3.75mm crochet hook to make a  fairly large strawberry. Use thinner yarn and a smaller hook for a smaller berry :)

You will need:

* Red & green yarn
* A suitable crochet hook
* A little stuffing
* Needle for sewing

Berry:

With red yarn,
6 sc in ring
*1 sc, inc* three times - 9 sts
Sc around
*2 sc, inc* three times - 12 sts
*3 sc, inc* three times - 15 sts
*4 sc, inc* three times - 18 sts
*5 sc, inc* three times - 21 sts
*6 sc, inc* three times - 24 sts
Sc around
*3 sc, inc* six times - 30 sts
Sc around 2 rounds
*1 sc, dec* ten times - 20 sts
10 dec - 10 sts
Stuff the strawberry
5 dec - 5 sts
Break yarn, weave the yarn end through the last 5 sts and pull tight to close the hole. Weave in end


Leaves on top:
With green yarn,
6 sc in ring, sl st in first sc to close round
*chain 4, trc dec (the same as a trc cluster with 2 trc) in same space, chain 2, sl st in 2nd loop from hook, chain 4, sl st in next sc from first round* repeat five more times to make six leaves
Break yarn, pull the end through to the back and use this to attach the leaves to the top of the strawberry


Make a bunch of these and place them in a pretty bowl to decorate your summer table :)

24 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I´ve put your link on my blog:

    www.amigurumifreepatterns.blogspot.com

    ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. wounderful, excact what i needed, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out beautifully. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just what i needed to add a hat i was working on the perfect toutch, thank you very much =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pattern! Super easy and it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, it`s a great one, I`ll try on this later...thanks again. Ilike it....

    ReplyDelete
  7. how do you do trc dec? confuse..

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks You are so kind to let us use your patterns for items to sell

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got stuck with the leaves too!! Anyone could do a tutorial or explain better? Thanks! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was also confused on the leaves. I think the author may have meant a triple crochet increase where they wrote "trc dec". Here is the stitch I used (abbreviated "trc inc") in place of it. It came out looking very similar to the photo, though it may not be what the author originally intended--please correct me if it is not. I love the shape of the strawberry in this pattern!

    trc inc = yo twice, insert hook through stitch, yo and pull through; (yo and pull through 2 loops) twice (2 loops left on hook); yo twice, insert hook through stitch, yo and pull through; (yo and pull through 2 loops) twice; yo and pull through remaining 3 loops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same Unknown than the comment beforeMay 8, 2012 at 10:04 PM

      Hi! Thanks to your reply I finally finished my strawberry, the tips of the leaves are more round than the ones in the original but worked great anyway! To return to the original circle once the leave was finished I used the slip stich. Is my first crochet, I'm somewhat like proud ^^

      Delete
  12. Great patterns....all of them....thanks for sharing them

    ReplyDelete
  13. before you do the 6 sc in ring, how many chains do you do to create the ring? thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she means 6 sc in magic ring. Don’t have a link to magic ring handy, but there are tons of tutorials on YouTube.

      Delete
  14. Hi, thanks for this pattern! Once I read down the comments to find out more about the leaves, it was easy peasy :) Worked Out beautifully. Lovely picot points on the leaves .. Love it. So straightforward, and makes a fab strawberry :) happy hooking to you :) I'm going to link to this in my blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank You Kris!! i finally did it...
    to the author: thanks for sharing... but the leaves, its so so so confusing, it seems that you dont really care aboout the rest of us to do it ok! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the pattern. I've made a gorgeous pair of earrings out of it...

    ReplyDelete
  17. The leaves were a piece of cake! Picot on the end of the cluster, of course! Many thanks. This is just what I was looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Do you have the diagram? Because I'm from Argentina and I don't understand the explanation clearly. Thank you soon much. Apiccagli@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Do you have the diagram? Because I'm from Argentina and I don't understand the explanation clearly. Thank you soon much. Apiccagli@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is such a lovely project. I'l be crocheting these strawberries soon. Will surely link back to u.

    www.acraftyhomemaker.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails